Rob Starner has a rich heritage of Pentecostal ministry! His grandfather, Rev. Leo S. Starner, was an ordained Assemblies of God pastor for over 50 years, and Dr. Starner himself has now logged more decades than he will readily admit!
His lengthy tenure in Christian higher education includes full-time faculty posts at Continental Theological Seminary, University of Valley Forge, Central Bible College, and most recently, Southwestern Assemblies of God University.
In addition to his service in the university arena, Rob has served as an associate pastor, Christian school administrator, hospital chaplain, and short-term missionary. He has authored many books, articles, blogs, and vlogs. He also has written and/or performed in a number of live theatrical productions and a few films. Ever energetic, Dr. Starner has a passion for local church ministry. He is always looking for opportunities to serve local churches and parachurch organizations through teaching, preaching, and drama ministry. He has recently accepted an invitation to serve Northeast Assembly of God in Philadelphia, PA as their interim pastor.
- Ph.D. Religion, Baylor University (1993)
- M.A. Biblical Studies, Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (1978)
- B.S. Mathematical Sciences, Penn State University (1975)
- Professor of Greek and New Testament, Southwestern A/G University (2007-pres.)
- Professor of Greek and New Testament, Central Bible College (1996-2007)
- Associate Pastor, Oak Cliff Assembly of God, (1994-1995)
- Adjunct Professor of Greek, Southwestern Assemblies of God University (1990-1995)
- Seminar Speaker (1991-1995)
- Graduate Assistant, Baylor University (1987-1988)
- Lecturer in Biblical Studies, Valley Forge Christian College (1983-1986)
- Math Teacher, Central Dauphin School District (1982-1983)
- School Administrator, Calvary Christian School (1980-1982)
- Lecturer in Bible and Theology, Continental Theological Seminary (1978-1980)
- Ministerial Credentials: Assemblies of God (1981-Present)
- Professional Memberships: Evangelical Theological Society
- Society for Pentecostal Studies
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Messiah (passion play) The Oaks Fellowship Dallas, TX. Easter 1994, 1995. Principal Role: Jesus.
- Messiah (passion play) Crossroads of Life Dallas, TX. Easter 1996, 1997. Principal Role: Jesus.
- Joseph of Arimathea in various churches and universities since 2006. Writer, director, principal actor.
- Grace in Galatia in various churches and universities since 2004. Writer, director, principal actor.
- Selections from Shakespeare mostly in college and university settings.